Monday, November 20, 2006

lynch. - roaring in the dark

Okay.. so lynch. seems to have lost their metalness, as if Hazuki forgot he was in DEATHGAZE OF ALL BANDS. Not that I dislike soft music, but.. when it's done in a way that's more boring than anything, I just get irritated. Anyway, onto the review.

The single starts with an awesome riff, but suddenly wanders off and gets lost in generic VK land. Then I wanna turn it off, then remember I have to listen to the whole thing a couple times to review it. I really don't like the fact that the riffs are featherweight, the couple parts where he screams are kept under a wet pillow, and overall, this song could have been pulled off by any random dime-a-dozen VK band. After this crap ends, then we're treated to what could be a quarter of lynch. This would be much better, if there were more.. punch to it, because they're not so good at the whole whisper-to-scream thing. It just sounds silly here. The little growly bit is pretty powerful here, though. But after that it immediately nosedives again. I don't really get why they decided that they didn't want to evolve.. Instead they went into clicheland and now ANYONE could do their music. And soon enough, the fangirls and stuck up elite folk will eat it up.

Okay! I shall now wait for something else to come up on my radar. Maybe Danger Gang, maybe something that came out just in time for me to give you a review, or maybe even something that isn't new. Whatever it is, I hope it won't be as annoying or boring as reviewing this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Not that I dislike soft music,but..."

what the hell do you like?
you just criticize anything the appears around this blog...so if you don't like, why do you wast your precious time with these things? don't you have anything better to do then listen to shit? i'm assuming you like it

Mizaki said...

Have you ever heard of um.. A review?

Did you actually read? I said "Not that I dislike soft music" And no, I don't criticize everything that appears. I criticize what I don't like. There are plenty others who say everything is bad, but I don't. I give alot of good reviews too. Before you start using your fingers, use your eyes. Thank you for your consideration.