Saturday, November 26, 2005

LOL MY FIRST REVIEW.
D'espairsRay - Murder Day
So, DespairsRay made a DVD. And it is awesome. And I shall say my whole review.
So, it starts with someone (Zero?) explaining the name. It was pretty cool. Suddenly it shows the band, behind curtains, as electronic music plays in the background. The curtain falls, and they start playing Garnet. Good, no? I'm not gonna narrate the whole DVD. :P
Hizumi was awesome. He always looked like he was having fun. His weird hand motions were entertaining, too. His performance was great.
Zero was my second favorite. This DVD is what made me a Zero fan. He always went from standing still to headbanging. I also thought it was funny that the only sound he seemed to be able to make was "RYE!" He looked great too.
Karyu was my FAVORITE. Zero's my favorite member but.. Karyu... He was awesome. His movement in Gothic was.. Priceless. His constant swaying/grooving/headbanging was so amusing. I couldn't see his eyes though.. o_O He looked kinda cute though.
The music is where it kinda tripped. Alot of the songs sounded generic. I only really recognized Garnet, Maverick, Gothic, and Marry of the Blood. I later learned the other songs, but I ended up skipping them in the DVD anyway. Another lacking point is how there's like, ALOT of prerecorded vocals. They coulda had Karyu or Zero do those. It'd give Zero another sound to make! But... After all I ended up watching this more than I watched Invite to Immorality. And that's a darn good DVD too.
I SO wanna see a D'espairsRay concert. (Though I never will, because I'm poor.) For a few reasons: To see musicians play live, to touch Hizumi and/or Zero, and to do something important/interesting.

No comments: