Thursday, December 06, 2007

Vidoll - Bastard

Vidoll is a band of ups and downs. And it's hard to appreciate their work on first listen. That's okay. Because it's always worth it. Here, I'm not sure. Here's why.

Bastard, the title track isn't how I.. expected it to be. It's just generic Vidoll. I was expecting a ballsy rocker with maybe a bit of shouties and growlies. Nope. None of that. It's just.. bleh bleh sugary melodies. It's not interesting in the least. Giru and Shun are good guitarists, but they can't save this song. Next.

At Age 13 reminds me of oldschool VK in many ways, even down the key it's in. The fast-disco-beat thing that EVERY visual band uses isn't even offensive here. The little screamy thing was pretty cool, but it makes the potentially cool chorus sound out of place. It's not a bad song, really, but nothing I'd go out of my way to put on. It sounds like it's almost there but.. not.

D.J. "HERO" is another title that fools me. I'd expect it to be better. And the lame rap thing is lame. Jui does not have the voice. Maybe he could do like in Pierrot's Window and have the kinda creepy voice thing.. but this isn't right. The scratching sound implanted. I can't bear to listen through it.

Innocent Teens still sucks.

Hatsuyuki has an ok chorus but it goes down generic street.

Cokeheads-under the society- was what I thought would be THE song. It starts out like it should be. The rapping thing is tolerable, because I said to myself "It'll get better" but it falls for what most of this album does. Lame chorus. Nothing catchy or creative. Doesn't even belong in this song. Another wasted cool title.

Lost Voice starts out so friggen cool. The unusual sounds of it make me want to keep listening. Then Jui starts singing. This song doesn't need him. I love Jui and have found myself admiring him both vocally and asthetically. But.. this isn't a song for him.

Neo Cindarella is irritating.

Sarah is.. Lolz. I love Rame and Tero's work in this song. The chorus is actually awesome. I like this one. It came on and I kinda.. was blown backwards by the VK cheese. But this is done right. Not trying to be anything except.. awesome! The solo sounds like it was mixed incorrectly, though. It was too loud and made the other guitar sound like cardboard rubbing against sandpaper. Actually... the right side guitarist was too loud for this whole song. Still good though.

Worst should be labelled the "Yes, we use ESP guitars" song. It just drips with ESP sound. Boring, though.

Tree is so bleh. It sounds like it should be a bit better but it does nothing I haven't heard before. The chorus is like "Hmm.. interesting..." but then I end up almost WAITING for it. And I don't like waiting for parts of songs to occur again. It's just.. missing that.. something.

OH DEAR NO. CLOUD IS HORRIBLE. Befbf8eif3nrg.

This album has alot of sore spots. It is definately no V.I.D. It's like a sweet scent. The kind the flows into your nostrils then you realize that it's cheap perfume and the person is wearing way too much of it. And my biggest complaint is...

RAME WHERE ARE YOU

No comments: