Thursday, January 19, 2006

Malice Mizer - Bara No Seidou

I didn't know what album to review at first.. It just seemed like all of them have something special to them. Even if I didn't like it.



Memoire was really cool, but short, and I only really liked four of the songs enough to sit through the whole thing. Kioku To Sora, Seraph, Eege Umi Ni Sasagu (I've seen it spelled 282848 ways, and that's how it looks on my playlist so whatev.), and Baroque were plain great.



Voyage.. ugh. Transylvania was one of their best songs though.. It's just to corny to me though.



Merveilles was a step up, but still didn't hit the spot. Bel Air was another good one, along with the remake of that Eege song.



But.. Bara No Seidou, at first it didn't sound too great to me, until I really took a close listen. Now it's my favorite. Klaha's voice isn't my favorite, but the music speaks to me.



It starts with... Bara ni irodorareta akui to higeki no makuake. It's kinda Castlevania-sounding.. it goes right into the next song. I didn't notice the songs switch at first.



Seinaru toki eien no inori - What a GREAT starter! Creepy and stuff. Moreso than their previous "Let's be creepy!" kinda thing. The beginning is long, and rightfully so. ..Did I say it was long? So, after like two minutes, Klaha and some woman start singing. It's absolutely beautiful. The organs stop and a choir starts singing, and it sends chills throughout me; it's a wonderful feeling, when it comes to music. No other band has ever given me this feeling. Ever. The song doesn't do much, for the rest of the eight minutes, but that's okay. It's still great.



Kyomu no nakade no yuugi - I love this song. I'm not sure who is who with the deep voices-- I'm sure the demonic sounding one is Mana. The one that says like four words in a row each time, and Kozi/Yu~ki does the singing. The choir is really nice, to me. Sure, I can't remember that many of the words they say, but they sound nice. Very well done. I like the industrial-like sounds in the song, as well. I bet it kinda ruins it to hear Klaha sing the choir parts, though. >:(



Kagami no butou genwaku no yoru - First Klaha era song I ever heard. I hated it on first listen, but every time I listened to it, it grew on me more. I just LOVE how Klaha sings on this. The basslines are very cool too. I am quite attatched to this song. I could imagine someone dancing to this. The little drum things are musically cute, if that makes sense..



Mayonaka ni kawashita yakusoku - This song gives me the dumb image of some little girls in the winter time playing in the snow for some reason. It's good and all, but.. I don't like how it goes..



Chinurareta Kajitsu - I do like this song though. Klaha sounds like his voice is being forced at times, but meh. He's still good. I like the slow part. The engrish is funny, though put in the right places. I like the part where it's just Klaha singing. Not much else to say. ;)



Chikasuimyaku no meiro - While Kagami was a showcase of what Kozi can do, this just doesn't work. I don't like the singing girl here. ..I don't like this song.



Hakai no hate - Whoa, guitars still exist? The choir is back? COOL. Who's that guy screaming? Kozi?! ...Definately not Klaha. Hmm. >>; I kinda wish the guitars were clearer though. It seems like they were playing something nice.



Shiroi hada ni kuruu ai to kanashimi no RONDO - Hey, this song is easily the most stand-out-ey song on the whole album. Guitars!!! This song rocks. Klaha sounds nice on this, more than on some other songs. His voice sounds so.. deep and ominous. The guitars actually sound really great on this. If only they were used more...



Saikai no chi to bara - This song.... very very good.. Man, even on first listen, it was wonderful. The organ isn't cheesy at all. The choir isn't overpowering. The harpsichord isn't like POW!! This song is one of few that can make me feel something. At the really powerful part, and when Mana whispers, I either 1. Cry or 2. Hold it in. >>; Mana's whispering.. It's just.. wow. The one time I can think of when Mana says something in a pre-M10M song.. is something special. I dunno what he says but.. it still.. speaks to me somehow. This is the song that made me do this review right now. I love it.



My overall thoughts are: Almost every time I listen to this, I get into this dreamlike state, which I really enjoy sometimes. I only have one gripe: Almost no guitars! Oh well. We have M10M. ^_^

No comments: