Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vidoll - Deathmate (A second look)

I can now see why people were so disappointed with Deathmate. I still love it to death, and I've grown to appreciate the title track alot more, buuuuuut.


Where's the weirdness of their previous releases? Jui used to make weeeeeird sounds, and he doesn't anymore now. I thought Vidoll was a pretty new band, but it seems they've been out long enough. The production's a little off, mostly because the drums seem a slight bit weak. If there were at least one really weird song on Deathmate, I think it'd make up for the rather conventional others. Comparing songs like... Heroin to even a good song like Shutdown or Chocoripeyes, the change is noticable. It overall sounds lighter. Wasn't their whole ad campaign about a "dark concept" or something? It just.. isn't there..


Sometimes I wish I found the VK scene earlier. :(

No comments: