Monday, July 24, 2006

Dir en grey - Ryojoku no Ame/Kiyoharu - Vinnybeach

Dir en grey - Ryojoku no Ame - Wonderful song. I was expecting it to be slow and pointless, in the way Higeki blah blah off Withering to death was. Kyo's vocals don't derail or do anything that isn't possible to do live or anything. That was a huge problem on that past releases, including Clever Sleazoid. I can also see they have better sound effects. And.. ...Kaoru plays NOTES in this song! It's awesome that this song still has power, without being fast and heavy. The lives tracks are pretty impressive too. Kyo doesn't suck like on the Sleazoid live tracks.

Kiyoharu - VINNYBEACH ~kaku no kaigan~ - Somehow through the useless intro I knew I was in for a treat. It cuts into Dance, and things change, the bass is WAY too loud. Dance is floaty and uneventful for the most part, but.. Still good. Bye bye is one of the best songs Kiyoharu has made since 1999. It has an alternative rock feel without being alternative rock. It's wonderful. There's something special Kiyoharu does with a song to just make it... ..Beautiful! Emerald is just as shiny as the jewel it's named after. I enjoy this song so much, it competes with Wednesday! It has this sound that only Kiyoharu can make, and that I sure wished Kanno Boogie had. But now we have it! There are alot of great moments on this album, and a few bad ones. Seiza no Yoru is still boring in my opinion, I can't stand Kono Kodoku blah blah, though it follows the Kiyoharu rule. Its closing, Kimi no koto ga isn't too, though I wouldn't listen to it on purpose.

There we have it, again. Two great releases.. again. See you next Monday when I review... something else!

No comments: