Monday, July 03, 2006

Rentrer en Soi - Self Titled

Today I will be reviewing Rentrer en Soi's self titled album. Couldn't review Kaya's single because it is not available at the moment. So here goes.

I was impressed with this, but not TOO impressed with this album on first listen, and now.. It's at 'okay' level. EIther I haven't completely gotten into it, or it just is average. But here's the track by track on it.


Mawaru - This is another... intro. Does not fit in with the next song.

Bunretsu LE+DD Jinkaku - I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is amazing. I've heard people say things about how Satsuki screams, but I actually like it. The growling at the end is also a definate win. This song is very strange for ReS because most bands lose their edge after a while, but ReS doubled theirs! They became.. awesome! Not much to say about the guitarage because... well it's kinda average. The drumming is very nice though.

Giragira - This song isn't bad. It's kinda weak, but oh well. It's also generic. I find it to be listenable though. Which makes it good enough for me. Around 2:00 the song picks up though. So, that's acceptable.

DEAD believe ME - This song has just enough THUD for me to enjoy. It sounds like kids playing a Withering to death song. Or something.

PROTOPLASM - Well, this was my first taste of Satsuki's screamage. And I loved it. It sounds adorably Kyo-like. The acoustic guitar parts are just.. wonderful! It's to be expected of ReS. I find the chorus to actually be quite catchy. There are a few corny moments in this song, but they're ignorable, because the song is that good. Nice lead single.

Gedoku magai ni SUICIDE - It's okay if you do that, but not LIKE that.

Strawberry Oblaat - Reminds me of Alice Nine at the shouty part in the beginning. I like this better though. It's a strange song. Sounds like it'd be very fun live! With all the shouting and jumping and hand motions.

Misemonogoya - Am I allowed to cringe at the crappiness of this song? It tastes manufactured and poppy.

Karasu iro no taiji - This song is booooring.

Seishinshi Jusandome - This on the other hand, isn't. I like it. It has plenty of punch, growling, and the likes. I like that. It sounds like a harder, swingless, simpler Merry. And I'm okay with that. Because that's kinda what Merry has turned into anyway.

JUDE. - This song isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I might love it later, but eh.

Song With Long Title - NO.


There we have it. Another review. Yeah.. That one was boring to me because the album doesn't really appeal to me as much at the moment. Maybe later I'll be listening to it alot more.

No comments: